Spring is the time of preparing for summer, repairing damage done in winter, and with a sense of renewal, give new sparks and sparkles to tools and equipment year-long in use.
June Home Maintenance Projects
These projects that are ideally undertaken in or around June:
1. Clean and inspect rain gutters for rusted or damaged areas
2. Clean decks, gazebos, fences and patio furniture. Refinish if needed.
3. Repair or replace damaged window screens and weather stripping
4. Caulk open joints, particularly around windows and doors
5. Clean lint from clothes dryer vent
6. Repair or replace gates, fence posts, landscape borders, etc.
7. Replace worn faucet washers
Monthly Maintenance Projects
These projects should be undertaken every month, or at least every few months:
1. Check to be certain nothing flammable is near a source of flame, such as a water heater pilot light, gas range or furnace, etc.
2. Check fire extinguishers. Replace or have serviced those that need it.
3-4. Check the operations of all electrical circuit breakers by turning each off and on. Do the same with ground fault circuit interrupters, usually found in bathrooms, kitchen, garage and outdoor outlets. Replace those that don’t work properly.
5. Clean garbage disposal by grinding up two trays of ice cubes made from a mixture of 1 cup white vinegar to 1 gallon (4 liters) of water.