Spring is the time of preparing for summer, repairing damage done in winter, and with a sense of renewal, give new sparks and sparkles to tools and equipment year-long in use.
March Home Maintenance Projects
These projects that are ideally undertaken in or around March:
1. Check operation of toilet. Check the area between the tank and bol, and around the base for leaks.
2. Remove ‘pop-up’ drain plugs from sink or tub and clean.
3. Turn off the water supply to the house. Observe the water meter after 1 hour. If it has moved, there is a leak somewhere in the plumbing system.
4. Inspect grout and caulk around sinks, tubs and showers. Repair or replace damaged areas.
5. Inspect water heater for leaks. Flush tank
6. Clean underside of range hood and clean or replace filter(s).
7. Check valve where water enters the house, outdoor faucets, and any valves to toilet, bathroom or kitchen sink, bar, etc. for leaks. Turn each off and on several times to check for leaks.