Home Selling Tips
As the home-sales season goes in to high gear, you may feel extra pressure to sell your house in a hurry. House selling tips are everywhere – a few advising things you might never thought of, a few are general ones you’re likely to get everywhere. But just as they’re common doesn’t mean we should stop making them. Here are a few house selling points of our own:
· When putting out your advertisement, never use the words “asking” or “negotiable” with your asking price. This will only make it seem like you’re not sure of the value of your house. Why bother setting the cost in the first place if further negotiation is likely to alter it anyways?
· When preparing your home, try to look at it from the purchasers point of view. Would you wish to purchase a home like your own?
· Unless you’re sure you’re up to the challenge, hire a good agent and lawyer to do the house selling for you. It may cost a lot, but it may save you a lot of pain.
· Be sure you’ve a full Multiple Listing Service coverage – this is a powerful hint to remember. Multiple Listing Service is the strongest selling tool for your house. Some people wouldn’t even advise you to check for any offers before you see you house on MLS!
· Home showings through an open home is a good idea, especially if you live in a small town.
· Getting your clutter out of the way won’t only improve the house showings, but also makes it easier for you to pack your things.
· Finish off whatever new constructions you’re applying with your home. No purchasers would wish to finish what the seller left off!
· When negotiating with the purchaser, throw your bad mood away. It’s difficult to discuss cost when you’re still upset about the purchasers plans to cut down the tree you love. Maintain an interactive discussion and build up trust. Even if the offer doesn’t work out, keep up a good impression.
· Don’t let purchasers’ offers sway you – consult with your lawyer about the cost offered. Generally there’s a period of three days for you to accept or reject an offer. Also be prepared for house inspections, as usually this happens during this stage of the house selling process.
Like I said in the beginning of the article: home plate selling hints are endless, when you begin searching them. Select only the hints that would best suit your requires and capacity. And if you still haven’t found one, chances are you’ll find it soon.