Lately I have been complaining, a lot, about the size of our house. It simply is too small for our daily living, work, hobbies, entertaining, etc. We just MUST get something bigger, and it better be soon, did I conclude, not too happily.
Little did I know that after my ‘tirade’ and firm conviction that this was so, I would come across this wonderful happy extra-ordinary tiny apartment story just a day later. Hopla… the shift in perspective’s been made.
Interior Design Lessons learned
1. Don’t complain about your house size. A happy person makes everyone else around happier.
2. Just make it work: organize!!! !!!
3. Store upwards if you can’t store sidewise.
4. Toss stuff, all the time.
5. Play it safe. Adjust things in the house to suit your particular safety needs.
6. Spending time outside is healthy, and who says it has to be your own garden with roses? A public park takes less maintenance by you.
7. Stick to a single, simple color scheme if you have a 1 bedroom apartment, or less space to live in.
Apartment with 90 sq ft happy living space. That’s New York living for you. (Makes me feel that even my NYC appartment back- then was gigantic, and now my house is enormous 🙂)